An introductory video on the DRESS project has been completed.
- About Project
■ The use of drones and robots is expected to help save energy, particularly in the logistics sector where there has been bigger demand for energy-efficiency due to the increase in transportation of small deliveries and lighter load ratios, as well as the infrastructure inspection sector where there has been an urgent need to reduce the use of resources by ensuring a longer operating life through effective and efficient inspections.
■ This project aims to encourage the development of drones and robots that can be used in sectors and fields such as logistics, infrastructure inspection and disaster coping, while also running test flights and establishing systems in preparation for utilization of them in the society.
Development of performance evaluation methods for robot and UAV devices
Establish performance evaluation methods for each sector and robot type, for various types of robots (including UAVs, land-based robots and underwater robots).
Develop technology for efficient energy systems required for increasing the continuous operating time of various robots.
Development of drone flight control systems and collision avoidance technology
Develop various functions and systems to ensure that drones can be operated safely, based on the project's flight control systems comprised of information provision functions, flight control functions and integrated flight control functions.
Develop technology that enables drones to detect objects on land and in the midair, so that they can fly by avoiding collisions with those objects in real time.
Promotion of international standards related to robots and UAVs
Conduct research and development while cooperating on an international level to identify trends among international organizations promoting standardization and various groups in other countries, and implement activities for linking the achievements of this project to international standards.
Gather worldwide latest trend of technology in Japan and promote methods to speed up the development competition based on rules from Japan, regarding robots whose property is that its technological development is extremely fast and de fact standards are the key.
Implemantion of Special training program on robot performance evaluation methods
Project Overall Schedule
|Development of performance evaluation standards for robot and drone devices||R&D of performance evaluation methods|
|R&D to improve energy-saving performance|
|Development of drone flight control systems and collision avoidance technology||Development of drone flight control systems||
1) Development of integrated flight control function
2) Development of flight control function(for logistics and disaster response)
3) Development of flight control function(for remote islands)
4) Development of information provision function
5) R&D of overall design of flight control systems
|Development of drone collision avoidance technology||1) Non-collaborative SAA|
|2) Collaborative SAA|
|Promotion of international standards related to robots and drones||De jure standards|
|De facto standards (World Robot Summit)|
|Implementation of Special training program on robot performance evaluation methods||Implementation of Special training program on robot performance evaluation methods|
Call for Proposals
|Project name||Prior notice||Start date||deadline||Result|
|Development of performance evaluation methods for robot and drone devices||Mar. 3, 2016 (japanese)||Apr. 4, 2016 (japanese)||May 19, 2016||Jun. 30, 2016 (japanese)|
|Drones and Robots for Ecologically Sustainable Societies project||Jan. 19, 2017 (japanese)||Feb. 15, 2017 (japanese)||Mar. 17, 2017||May. 16, 2017 (japanese)|
|R&D of performance evaluation methods for BVLOS (Beyond Visual Line of Sight) and third parties overflight||Feb. 13, 2018 (japanese)||Mar. 13, 2018 (japanese)||Apr. 11, 2018||May 30, 2018 (japanese)|
|Implementation of Special training program on robot performance evaluation methods||Apr. 16, 2018 (japanese)||May. 16, 2018 (japanese)||Jun. 14, 2018||Jul. 26, 2018 (japanese)|
- Master Plan (Japanese)（310KB）
- Implementation Policy：FY2018（Japanese)（674KB）
- Implementation Policy：FY2017 （Japanese) （216KB）
|FY2017||30 million US dollars|
|FY2018||29.2 million US dollars|
Terms of Website Use
- All documents and images contained in this website (https://nedo-dress.jp/en/) are subject to copyright, and this website as a whole is also subject to copyright as a compilation. All or part of this website, which is subject to copyright, is protected by the Copyright Act and international treaties.
- The contents of this website may be quoted, reprinted, and reproduced in whole or in part as long as such actions are permitted under the Copyright Act for private use, quotation or other use, with clear indication of the source in an appropriate way. However, contents with the indication of any source other than NEDO shall be used in accordance with the terms and conditions provided by the copyright holder of the contents.
- Users who intend to reproduce any work contained in this website for commercial purposes are required to communicate with contact point in advance. Reproduction for commercial purposes means the sale etc. of any reproduced program work for the purpose of directly making profits.
- Alteration of all or part of this website without the permission is prohibited.
- Any translation is a tentative one. Therefore, please note that, in the event of any discrepancy between the Japanese original and the translation, the original shall prevail.
Linking to this website
- In principle, users are free to set links to this website as long as the source is clearly indicated as Drones and Robots for Ecologically Sustainable Societies Project website. However, users shall not set links to this website in any manner that makes the source of the content unclear (such as a frame link) or shall not set links to this website with any website that defames or slanders NEDO or that includes content which is deemed inappropriate in the context of common sense.
- NEDO does not guarantee the accuracy and assumes no responsibility for any of the activities users conduct using the information on this website.
- Please note that NEDO may change or delete the contents and URL of this website without notice.
Obtaining personal information
This website administrator may obtain personally identifiable information through services provided at this Website（https://www.nedo-dress.jp）.
This website administrator will, when obtaining said information, clarify the purpose of use thereof and handle the information appropriately within the scope of that purpose.
The personal information of users, such as the following, is necessary to provide each of this Website’s services:
• Name and gender
• Name of organization
• Address and postal code
• Telephone and fax number
• E-mail address
• Other items indispensable for the provision of services
Scope of use of personal information
The personal information provided (or registered) by users will be used within the scope of the purpose of use specified in advance and will in no event be provided to any third party other than NEDO and this website administrator, except in cases where:
• provision thereof is required by laws and regulations;
• it should be disclosed to the public and NEDO obtains the consent of the user in question; or
• it is provided within the scope of the purpose of use to any business consignee which has entered into a confidentiality agreement.
This website keeps an access log including users' IP addresses (which do not identify individuals). This website administrator will not use the record for any purpose other than the statistical analysis of access figures and the like. The statistical analysis results will be used for understanding users' access trends and as a reference for the future operation of the Website.
Personal information management
This website will strictly manage the personal information obtained on the Website and take necessary measures to prevent risks such as loss, leakage, abuse, or falsification of or unauthorized access to the personal information.